Job Posting for Training Program, I.A.T.S.E., Local 22
Position: Training Director, IATSE Local 22 Training and Education Fund
Reports to: IATSE Local 22 Training Trustees
Minimum Job Entry Requirements
The IATSE Local 22 Training Trustees seek a Training Director with a working knowledge of the entertainment industry, and demonstrated skills in organization, management, and training. Applicants must be detail-oriented, demonstrate an ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects, exercise considerable independent judgment, be able to work unassisted and cooperatively, and available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends. Applicants should have good computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office applications. Familiarity with Adobe graphic software and website editing are also helpful.
Education: a bachelor’s degree or greater is preferred.
- Organize classes for the Local 22 referral membership on a regular schedule
- Creates long term strategic planning of Fund resources including, but not limited to, schedules incorporating basic through expert level class opportunities, equipment purchases, and the nurturing of both current and potential new Fund Contributors, and ensures planning budgets reflect these strategic priorities.
- Administrative duties including, but not limited to:
- sending out class announcements
- invoicing and tracking class payments
- tracking of all classes for the International Training Trust, & The DC Office of Film, Cable Television, Music, & Entertainment
- updating skills and certification lists for referral members
- maintain records of all classes
- Supervise the creation and maintenance of class materials
- Serve as the central contact and resource for students
- Produce an Annual Report to Fund Contributors
- Report regularly to the Training Trustees, and to the Local 22 Executive Board.
- Liaison with the Fund’s education partners, and foster new relationships with outside resources
- Update the Fund’s social media and web pages
- Maintain the Training Fund’s equipment, including computers, cameras, and class equipment
- Drive a safety-first culture that promotes safe performance practices
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and three references no later than 4:30 pm on July 25th to the Chairman of the Training Trustees, Bret Burzio, c/o IATSE Local 22 Training Fund, 1810 Hamlin St., NE, Washington, DC 20018